Join our team of Early Childhood Teachers
We have over 40 years experience in Early Learning. We are proudly a not-for-profit organisation investing any surplus funds into our teachers, staff and other services.
Come on board with us to enjoy:
- The chance to make a difference – you’ll be empowered and well-resourced, so you can genuinely inspire children to excellent and equitable outcomes from within a not-for-profit who invests in NZ communities.
- Warm, open culture – we hold a strong and continuous focus on quality for you, the tamariki and whanau we serve - striving to be one big welcoming family.
- Continuing professional development – four hours per week professional time, internal learning and development opportunities and ongoing appraisals to support Teacher Certification.
- Support for you - financial support to maintain your full certification and mentoring for provisionally certificated teachers. You will also receive up to 5 additional sick days.
- Large network of expert support – the wider Barnardos organisation and our community of 24 centres give us the platform to collaborate, motivate and inspire one another to continually improve.
- Peer and mentor learning opportunities – be mentored by qualified and experienced practitioners, engage in tailored professional development and be part of our network of teachers across Aotearoa.
- Added benefits – as a Barnardos employee, you will gain access to a range of benefits such as discounted childcare and insurances, access to a wellness program and subsidised flu vaccination each year.