Refer a Home Based Educator
Barnardos Early Learning is offering you a reward for referring a Home Based Educator!
Refer your friend (or friends) by completing the form on this page.
If your friend/referral is successfully hired, you will receive the referral reward, a gift card of $150*.
Why join Barnardos as a Home-based Educator
Barnardos offers a culture of professional growth, teamwork and trust. We get behind our team and help them realise their full potential every day. Because at the end of each day, you'll know you’ve made a real difference in the lives of Kiwi kids up and down New Zealand. And when someone asks what your job is, you can truly say "I do more for Kiwi kids."
What Barnardos Early Learning Provides:
Business Start-Up Pack
- Learning resources
- Equipment such as cots, buggies, blackboard, water trough
- Marketing material such as fence signs, vests, bags and individual profiles
- Art Supplies
- Branded t.shirt, business cards, brochures, posters
- Paid First Aid Training Certificate
Professional Development and Training
- Continuing professional development and workshops
- A Visiting Teacher who is qualified and certified visits you in your home to support and mentor you
- Free Open Polytechnic of New Zealand Level 4 NZQA ECE qualification while you are working as an Educator, and ongoing support from your Visiting Teachers throughout your study
Administration and Marketing Support
- A service co-ordinator assists you with the administration
- Barnardos staff support you with your marketing
- Barnardos staff arrange and guide you through matchups with whānau and tamariki
- Regular playgroups and excursions in the community
Flexible hours. Work from Home. Choose your hourly rate.
Our Home Based Educators are:
- Flexible – care for your child in a home setting and hours to suit your childcare needs
- Nurturing – one dedicated educator with no more than four children and everyday childhood experiences in your local community
- Experienced – passionate and trained educators follow Te Whāriki, NZ Early Childhood Education curriculum, and are supported by monthly visits from a qualified teacher.
Our Home Based Educators give children personalised attention and care from their own homes. Children enjoy a unique and nurturing early learning and care experience in a home setting with their close-knit group of up to 3 other children.
The possibilities of your day as a Barnardos Educator are endless. The only limit is your creativity. The tamariki in your care will love you for giving them a home away from home and fascinating learning experiences.
Please obtain your friend’s permission before completing their details in the form.
‘I love being an educator because it is amazing watching children learn, grow and play. I can be flexible enough to work around my family”
Anna, Educator with Barnardos