Your child’s first five years are an exciting and important time
From the day they are born, to the day they start school, children grow at a truly remarkable rate. More than 80% of their brain development takes place in these first five years. We know that choosing the right early learning and care environment for your child is one of the biggest decisions you will make. We also understand this can feel a bit overwhelming.
At Barnardos Early Learning, our aim is to make it easy for you to choose and find the best fit for your child and family.
Options to suit your family
We know that having choices and being flexible is really important to parents. That’s why we offer families both Home Based and Centre Based early learning and childcare. Chances are our network of 24 centres and 280 Home Based Educators mean there’s something near you. This ultimately gives you the choice and flexibility your family needs in today’s busy world.
Centre Based Early Learning
Each Barnardos Early Learning Centre has been purpose built and designed for children 0-6 years. With stimulating outdoor and indoor learning environments, our teachers partner with you and your child to support your child’s individual early learning needs.
Why choose a centre?
- Quality early learning and care – qualified Early Childhood Education teachers who love children
- Convenience – 24 centres in central locations across Aotearoa/New Zealand with most providing meals
- Friendship and community – for the chance for your child to socialise with a diverse group of children and cultures, creating lifelong friendships and growing your community of local parents.
Home Based Early Learning
Our home based educators will give your child personalised attention and care from their own home. Your child will enjoy a unique and nurturing early learning and care experience in a home setting with their close-knit group of up to 3 other children.
Why choose Home Based?
- Flexibility – care for your child in a home setting and hours to suit your childcare needs
- Nurturing – one dedicated educator with no more than four children and everyday childhood experiences in your local community
- Experience – passionate and trained educators follow Te Whāriki, NZ Early Childhood Education curriculum, and are supported by monthly visits from a qualified teacher.
Search locations near you
Not sure which choice is right for you?
We take the time to find out what’s important to you and your whānau when it comes to your child’s care. Our Barnardos Early Learning Advisors are here for just that reason.
How our Early Learning Advisors can help?
- Local knowledge – they know your local area and know early learning. They ask the right questions to reveal which type of care is most suited to your family
- Confidence – they’ll walk you through the whole process – from meeting with the centres or educators, to getting through all the paperwork
- Reassurance – if we don’t have a care choice that suits you, they’ll lead you in the right direction. Because at Barnardos Early Learning, we want what’s right for you and your whānau.